The software that VRcollab supports has been updated:
Revit 2014 - 2019
Navisworks Manage 18
Archicad 21 & 22
New versions of already supported software that have been added
- Revit 2019 has been added
- Archicad 22 has been added
- Note: Archicad 22 is still Beta and has not been completely optimised. Full optimisation is scheduled to be released in 0.9.11.
Changes to VRcollab Launcher
- Email will no longer be cleared upon failure to login.
- A sample project has been added to the library (Exported from Revit 2019's sample model).
- Links now direct the user to the correct URL when trying to access account information via 'Edit' > 'Manage my account' (fixed as of 0.9.9).
- The new version update prompt has been changed into a popup (visible when updating to next version e.g. 0.9.11).
- Icons for Rhino, Navisworks and Obj have been added.
- The opening screen (accessible via 'Get Started' button on the toolbar) has been updated with the newly supported software and file types.
- User can change import settings when importing obj format files.
- An option to modify what each unit represents in VRcollab have been added (for example, 1 unit can represent 1cm, 1m, or 1km). The default for this option is set to be 1m per unit.
- An option to set the Y axis as 'up' direction instead of Z axis have been added. The default for this option is set to be disabled.
Changes to VRcollab VR
- Single object hiding is available as of 0.9.10.
- To hide a single object, use the [Inspector] on the toolbar to select an object then go to the [Info] tab on the window. Click the '...' and then select 'Hide Object'.
- To show the object again, simply select 'Show all hidden objects' after following the above steps.
- X-ray rendering is available as of 0.9.10.
- To activate it, go to [Options] in the toolbar and then select 'X Ray' in the rendering options.
- This enables users to more easily view filters from Revit as well as annotations made in VRcollab.
- Support for highlighting special materials in X-ray mode, useful for projects that use MEP Color Mapping or similar color markup, under settings
- Desktop control of VR user is available as of 0.9.10.
- This function is available in 'Mirror User View' mode, by going to [Options] in the toolbar and selecting 'Mirror User View'.
- The VR user's movement can then be controlled via WASD and QE, similar to 'Free Movement' control of the camera.
- Desktop is also able to toggle 'Walk mode' on and off for the VR user. You can find this option in [List View] on the toolbar then [Settings] on the window, selecting the checkbox 'Walk mode (VR)'.
- Section cut was introduced in 0.9.8.
- This feature can be found by selecting [More Tools] on the toolbar then selecting the 'Section cut' option.
- Only one section cut can be active at any time.
- To clear a section cut, select the 'Section cut' option again and then click 'Clear Section Cut' on the window.
- Creating and placing certain preset objects was introduced in 0.9.7.
- This feature can be found by selecting [More Tools] then selecting the 'Create and place' option
- This will enable the placement of the following objects:
- Man: A model of a man at a 1:1 scale
- Woman: A model of a woman at a 1:1 scale
- Tree: A model of a tree approximately 5 meters tall
- Bush: A model of foliage of various varieties
- Car: A model of a car at 1:1 scale
- Desk: A model of a desk
- Scaffolding: A scaffolding template model that can be used to gauge how scaffolding will look on a building.
- To delete a created object, use the [Inspector] to select an object then click 'Delete'
Modifications to existing features
- Walk mode was introduced in 0.9.9.
- Turning on 'Walk mode' enables the user to simulate walking on the floor of the model.
- The current mode is now indicated on the screen on the top right hand corner of the screen for the Desktop. Changing modes also presents a popup to notify the user.
- 'Walk mode' is now accessible from [Options] in the toolbar instead of its previous location. By default, the user will start in 'Fly mode' and 'Walk mode' has to be selected.
- Desktop views are also able to emulate this Walk mode separately from the VR user now by following the same instructions on the desktop (through the use of the mouse).
- Desktop is also able to toggle 'Walk mode' on and off for the VR user (as mentioned above). You can find this option in [List View] on the toolbar then [Settings] on the window, selecting the checkbox 'Walk mode (VR)'.
- Move Together has been moved to [List View] on the toolbar then [Settings] on the window
Changes to Plugins
- On activating the 'View in VRcollab' command, Rhino will rescale the model and change the unit system to Meters before export. Once the export is complete, Rhino will revert the model back to the original unit system it was in.
- It is recommended that users manually set their unit system to Meters before running the 'View in VRcollab' command to avoid potential errors.